Canine Rehabilitation and Physical Therapy (2nd Ed)
by Darryl Millis MS DVM and David Levine PhD PT
Saunders | November 2013 | ISBN: 1437703097 | English | 784 pages | PDF | 239 MB
Bridging the gap between human physical therapy and veterinary medicine, Canine Rehabilitation and Physical Therapy, 2nd Edition provides vets, veterinary students, and human physical therapists with traditional and alternative physical therapy methods to effectively evaluate and treat dogs with various debilitating conditions. Coverage includes treatment protocols for many types of cutaneous, neurologic, and musculoskeletal injuries to facilitate a faster and more complete recovery.
- Invaluable protocols for conservative and postoperative treatment ensure the successful healing of dogs and their return to full mobility.
- Printable medical record forms on the companion website, including client information worksheets, referral forms, orthopedic evaluation forms, and more, can be customized for your veterinary practice.
- Six completely updated chapters on exercising dogs define the basic principles of aquatic and land-based exercise and how they may be applied to dogs, as well as how physical therapy professionals can adapt common "human" exercises to dogs.
- Numerous chapters on therapeutic modalities, including therapeutic lasers, illustrate how physical therapy professionals can adapt common "human" modalities to dogs.
- Physical examination chapters offer comprehensive information on orthopedics, neurology, and rehabilitation.
- NEW! Companion website with 40 narrated video clips of modalities and exercises used by physical therapists demonstrates effective ways to treat various neurologic and musculoskeletal problems in dogs.
- NEW! Fourteen new chapters describe the latest advances in the areas of joint mobilization, rehabilitation of the athletic patient, biomechanics of rehabilitation, therapeutic lasers, and physical therapy for wound care.
Section I: Introduction to Physical Rehabilitation
Section II: Basic Science of Veterinary Rehabilitation
Section III: Patient Assessment and Management
Section IV: Therapeutic Modalities
Section V: Therapeutic Exercise and Manual Therapy
Section VI: Physical Therapy for Specific Diagnoses
Appendix 1: Protocol Development and Protocols
Appendix 2: Manufacturers of Supplies and Equipment - NEW!
Premium Recommend For High speed + Parallel Downloads!
From Secureupload (Premium Recommend)
From Rapidgator (Premium Recommend)