Mastering Photoshop Layers: A Photographer's Guide
Juergen Gulbins | 2013 | True PDF | ISBN: 1937538273 | 300 pages | 117 Mb
Photoshop's layers are arguably the most powerful aspect of the software's user interface and are the key to successful image editing in Photoshop. Layers allow for both global and local adjustments to images and can be used to create a number of special effects. Best of all, layers allow for nondestructive editing of your original image. New Photoshop users often see layers as too complicated, and they miss out on the program's full potential.
This book will remove the confusion factor by providing an in-depth introduction to layers. Clear, step-by-step instructions and illustrations help the reader quickly master the tools that are relevant for photographers.
In this book you will learn about:
- Working with and building multiple layers
- Blending layers and which Options to use
- Using layers to enhance and retouch your images
- Creating and using layer masks
- Creating luminosity and saturation layer masks
- Using Smart Objects and Smart Filters
- Advanced layer techniques
- Time-saving shortcuts, tips, and tricks