Object-Oriented Analysis and Design with Applications, (3rd Edition)
Grady Booch, Robert A. Maksimchuk, Michael W. Engle, Bobbi J. Young, Jim Conallen, Kelli A. Houston,
English | 2007-04-30 | ISBN: 020189551X | 720 pages | PDF | 7.9 mb
Object-Oriented Design with Applications has long been the essential reference to object-oriented technology, which, in turn, has evolved to join the mainstream of industrial-strength software development. In this third edition--the first revision in 13 years--readers can learn to apply object-oriented methods using new paradigms such as Java, the Unified Modeling Language (UML) 2.0, and .NET.
The authors draw upon their rich and varied experience to offer improved methods for object development and numerous examples that tackle the complex problems faced by software engineers, including systems architecture, data acquisition, cryptoanalysis, control systems, and Web development. They illustrate essential concepts, explain the method, and show successful applications in a variety of fields. Youll also find pragmatic advice on a host of issues, including classification, implementation strategies, and cost-effective project management.
New to this new edition are
- An introduction to the new UML 2.0, from the notations most fundamental and advanced elements with an emphasis on key changes
- New domains and contexts
- A greatly enhanced focus on modeling--as eagerly requested by readers--with five chapters that each delve into one phase of the overall development lifecycle.
- Fresh approaches to reasoning about complex systems
- An examination of the conceptual foundation of the widely misunderstood fundamental elements of the object model, such as abstraction, encapsulation, modularity, and hierarchy
- How to allocate the resources of a team of developers and mange the risks associated with developing complex software systems
- An appendix on object-oriented programming languages
Download links (3% recovery):