Advanced Electric Drive Vehicles (Energy, Power Electronics, and Machines) by Ali Emadi
English | 2014 | ISBN: 1466597690 | 616 pages | PDF | 79 MB
Electrification is an evolving paradigm shift in the transportation industry toward more efficient, higher performance, safer, smarter, and more reliable vehicles. There is in fact a clear trend to move from internal combustion engines (ICEs) to more integrated electrified powertrains.
Providing a detailed overview of this growing area, begins with an introduction to the automotive industry, an explanation of the need for electrification, and a presentation of the fundamentals of conventional vehicles and ICEs. It then proceeds to address the major components of electrified vehicles-i.e., power electronic converters, electric machines, electric motor controllers, and energy storage systems.
This comprehensive work:
* Covers more electric vehicles (MEVs), hybrid electric vehicles (HEVs), plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs), range-extended electric vehicles (REEVs), and all-electric vehicles (EVs) including battery electric vehicles (BEVs) and fuel cell vehicles (FCVs)
* Describes the electrification technologies applied to nonpropulsion loads, such as power steering and air-conditioning systems
* Discusses hybrid battery/ultra-capacitor energy storage systems, as well as 48-V electrification and belt-driven starter generator systems
* Considers vehicle-to-grid (V2G) interface and electrical infrastructure issues, energy management, and optimization in advanced electric drive vehicles
* Contains numerous illustrations, practical examples, case studies, and challenging questions throughout to ensure a solid understanding of key concepts and applications
makes an ideal textbook for senior-level undergraduate or graduate engineering courses and a user-friendly reference for researchers, engineers, managers, and other professionals interested in transportation electrification.