Dutch Masters - Volume 2: Portret van Feike Asma - Johann Sebastian Bach (1998)
Classical/Baroque | FLAC lossless | cuesheets+log | covers+booklet | 74m15s | 400mb
Label: Philips | cat. no. 462 067-2
"Passionate Dutch Organist Feike Asma (1912-1984) polarized the Dutch organ scene in the latter half of the 20th century, having developed a passionate and expressive style that made him a frequent recitalist who brought large audiences and many people to the organ. Writes organist Herman van Vliet, "His interpretations of the great organ repertoire were monuments in sound. He possessed a natural understanding of tension and its release, for timing, rubato, style of playing and touch, and for colorful and dynamic registrations"."
01. Toccata, Adagio en Fuga in C, BWV 564 [0:17:54.00]
02. Allein Gott in der Hoh' sei Ehr, BWV 715 [0:06:10.00]
03. Allein Gott in der Hoh' sei Ehr, BWV 716 [0:02:11.50]
04. Christ, unser Herr, zum Jordan kam, BWV684 [0:05:07.49]
05. Nun freut euch, lieben Christen g'mein, BWV 734 [0:02:39.00]
06. Fantasia en Fuga in g, BWV 542 [0:11:38.50]
07. Erbarm' dich mein, o Herr Gott, BWV 721 [0:05:34.49]
08. Nun komm' der Heiden Heiland, BWV 659 [0:05:37.50]
09. Aus der Tiefe ruf' ich, BWV 745 [0:05:52.00]
10. Prelude en Fuga in c, BWV 546 [0:11:33.49]
Feike Asma -organ
Asma plays the Christian Vater organ in the Oude Kerk, Amsterdam.
Note: EAC gives reading errors for tracks 08 and 09. If there are indeed any errors, they cannot be heard. There's just the natural noise of an old recording which, in my opinion, is not disturbing at all.
All above links are interchangable. No password