Size : 829.0 mb
Bentley Systems, Incorporated, the leading company dedicated to providing comprehensive software solutions for sustaining infrastructure has released an update 2 to Microstation V8i (SELECTSeries 3), is the world’s leading information modeling environment explicitly for the architecture, engineering, construction, and operation of all infrastructure types, including utility systems, roads and rail, bridges, buildings, communications networks, water and wastewater networks, process plants, mining, and more. MicroStation can be used either as a software application or as a technology platform.
Used as a software application, MicroStation turns ideas into reality. It provides immersive interaction with 3D models and 2D designs to confidently produce trusted deliverables such as precise drawings, information-rich 3D PDFs and 3D plots. Its robust data and analysis capabilities enable performance simulation of designs, including lifelike rendering and compelling animations. Moreover, its ability to integrate a comprehensive breadth and depth of engineering geometry and data from an unmatched range of CAD software and engineering formats ensures users can work seamlessly with the entire project team.
Used as a technology platform for discipline-specific applications from Bentley and other software vendors, MicroStation offers robust subsystems for consistent integration of geometry and data, and enhances the user experience across a broad portfolio of comprehensive design, engineering, and simulation applications. It ensures each application leverages these advantages, enabling multidisciplinary teams to benefit from an interoperable software portfolio.
New in V8i (SELECTseries 3) Update 2
MicroStation V8i (SELECTseries 3) Update 2 brings in some new enhancements. The following topic summarizes the new enhancements.
- Color Enhancements: The RAL CLASSIC, RAL DESIGN, and RAL EFFECT color books have been updated in this edition.
- Data Interoperability Enhancements: The following enhancement increases MicroStation?s ability to work with the new RealDWG 2014 files. You can now open and save RealDWG 2014 files in MicroStation V8i (SELECTseries 3).
- Format Interchange Enhancements: MicroStation now supports following format interchange enhancement. You can now import and open version 5 of Rhino 3DM files.
- Geographic Coordinate System Enhancements: The following enhancement applies to geographic coordinate systems. MicroStation now supports NAD83 2011 geographic coordinate system.
- Point Clouds Enhancements: The following enhancement applies to point clouds. ProjectWise point cloud streaming provides high performance and efficient management for point clouds of all sizes across distributed teams. ProjectWise enables this distributed access by working together with Bentley Pointools technology to stream only the data needed to each user session. Rather than downloading an entire multi-GB file, the current view settings in MicroStation are used to determine the points that are downloaded. As you pan and zoom in MicroStation, additional points are downloaded to complete the view. For more information, refer to the ProjectWise Explorer help.
- Visualization Enhancements: Visualization has been updated with addition of the Effects Manager feature and settings for irradiance smoothing and crease threshold.
The Effects Manager will revolutionize the way you render complex and even simple scenes where multiple light sources are used. It eradicates the need to render multiple times if you alter any light values. You will instead render a floating point image for each light or group of lights once and then regulate their intensities in the Effects Manager. Once you have the lighting balanced using the Effects Manager, you can push these settings back to the design session for the final render and achieve the same results.
This setting is in the Global Illumination tree of Luxology Render Settings dialog, Advanced tab. It smooths out the blotches which can occur due to poor sampling on a surface when calculating global illumination using the irradiance cache technique.
Crease Threshold is used for rendering contours with luxology. When the angle between triangles in a mesh is lower than the angle specified, then a line is drawn along that boundary.
About Bentley Systems, Incorporated
Bentley is the global leader dedicated to providing architects, engineers, geospatial professionals, constructors, and owner-operators with comprehensive software solutions for sustaining infrastructure. Bentley Systems applies information mobility to improve asset performance by leveraging information modeling through integrated projects for intelligent infrastructure. Its solutions encompass the MicroStation platform for infrastructure design and modeling, the ProjectWise platform for infrastructure project team collaboration and work sharing, and the AssetWise platform for infrastructure asset operations - all supporting a broad portfolio of interoperable applications and complemented by worldwide professional services. Founded in 1984, Bentley has more than 3,000 colleagues in 50 countries, more than $500 million in annual revenues, and since 2003 has invested more than $1 billion in research, development, and acquisitions.
Name: Bentley Microstation
Version: V8i (SELECTSeries 3) 08.11.09.536
OS: Windows XP / Vista / Seven / 8
Size: 829.0 mb