WinSetupFromUSB 1.4 Portable | 28.51 MB
This is a lightweight utility whose main purpose is to install Operating Systems using a formatted USB drive or Flash media seamlessly.USB Flash drives come in numerous shapes, sizes and colors, and their storage capabilities vary just as much. This is why they are no longer regarded solely as backup tools, but they are occasionally used to install operating systems off them, and such a tool that facilitates this action is WinSetupFromUSB. This software solution features a well-organized users interface where users first need to specify the USB drive they want to use, then use the dedicated button to format it - all existing partitions are erased and a single one is created instead (all files are also deleted, so it is recommended to create a backup first).
The next step is to select the location of the target OS, and this tool supports several Windows and Linux flavors. As such, one can choose to copy the installation kits for Windows 2000, XP, 2003, Windows Vista, 7, 8 or Server 2008, by simply specifying the path to their sources and boot files. This utility also supports BartPE, WinBuilder, UBCD4Win and WinFLPC. When users want to install a certain Linux distribution using their USB Flash drive, they can choose from several options: PartedMagic, Ubuntu, Grub4dos compatible ISO, SysLinux bootsector or a Linux distribution using SysLinux. Before proceeding with copying the files, one can also access the Advanced Options window and finetune the configuration even more. However, while the actual application can be used by novices and experts alike, the settings in this section should only be modify by professionals who have advanced PC skills.
After choosing not to add kicker ISO for Vista, 7, 8 or Server 2008 setup, to not copy and use DPMS or to enable custom folder and menu name for 2000, XP and 2003, users can test their newly-created package in QEMU, a specialized process emulator. Once they make sure everything goes smoothly, they can proceed with copying the needed files onto the Flash drive.
· added an option for Auto-format, using FBinst internally. This will delete all partitions and create a single one on the target USB disk, use with care
· added an option for Auto-detect and use SATA/RAID/SCSI F6 drivers during XP/2003/2000 Setup thanks to DPMS by Chenall. The boot entry is optional and has to be selected once before booting
First part of Setup
· added an option to include a floppy image with F6 SATA/RAID/SCSI drivers during XP/2003/2000 Setup. The boot entry is optional and has to be selected once before booting First part of Setup
· working USB to USB install thanks to WaitBT driver by Shao Miller
· added an option for creating a "kicker" ISO for Vista/7/8/Server 2008 Setup, thus avoiding possible setup failures
· added another debug option for Vista/7/8/Server 2008 Setup, shifting hard disk possitions, thus avoiding possible other setup failures
· added an option for custom folder name and boot menu entry for XP/2003/2000 Setup
· aded an option for adding and using custom...
install the setup
This is a portable version no need to activate
All above links are interchangable. No password