Size : 1.59 GB
The StorageCraft? Recovery Environment is a critical component of StorageCraft ShadowProtect? disaster recovery software. IT administrators and other ShadowProtect users can boot this environment from a CD and then back up, recover, or migrate systems, applications, services, and data.
The StorageCraft Recovery Environment and ShadowProtect are both part of the StorageCraft Recover-Ability? solution. This solution provides you with all the products and services you need to protect and recover data, applications, and systems anytime, anywhere, and from any disaster.
As any seasoned IT professional knows, disasters happen and business needs change. The StorageCraft Recovery Environment gives you the ability to back up systems, restore to different hardware or to virtual machines, and migrate to a new physical or virtual environment. Additionally, the StorageCraft Recovery Environment includes utilities to aid swift recovery such as auto-repair and diagnostics.
StorageCraft offers two recovery environment options:
- This environment comes ready to go. If you prefer using a pre-built recovery environment, then you can use the StorageCraft Recovery Environment CrossPlatform.
- If you are familiar with the previous StorageCraft Recovery Environment, or if you prefer using a Windows-based user interface, you may prefer this environment. However, this environment requires you to build it.
A necessary component of stress-free IT recovery
Scenarios for which administrators, technicians, and other IT pros use StorageCraft Recovery Environment:
- Restoring a Windows system volume that cannot boot on its own
- Backing up a non-bootable system before attempting a restore operation
- Performing bare metal recovery when old hardware is damaged beyond repair
- Recovering an accidentally deleted file or folder
- Migrating to new hardware or a virtual environment
What’s involved in building the Windows-based recovery environment?