Carbon Copy Cloner 4.0 | MacOSX | 14 MB
Carbon Copy Cloner backups are better than ordinary backups. Suppose the unthinkable happens while you're under deadline to finish a project your Mac is unresponsive and all you hear is an ominous, repetitive clicking noise coming from its hard drive. With ordinary backups, you'd spend your day rushing out to a store to buy a new hard drive and then sit in front of your computer reinstalling the operating system and restoring data.
With Carbon Copy Cloner, your data and the operating system's data are all preserved on a bootable volume, ready for production at a moment's notice. When disaster strikes, simply boot from your backup and get back to using your Mac. At your convenience, replace the failed hard drive and then let CCC restore the OS, your data and your settings directly from the backup in one easy step.
Any backup application can save your stuff. A CCC bootable backup will save your productivity too!
What's New in Version 4.0:
- Completely redesigned CCC's interface and architecture.
- The functionality of the main task configuration window and the scheduled tasks window have been consolidated. Tasks can be saved, scheduled, and edited, all in the same window.
- Configuring a backup task is far simpler -- complex settings are hidden by default, but accessible at the click of a button. The sidebar and toolbar can be hidden or revealed to control the number of options presented at once.
- Menubar application for quick access to information about CCC backup tasks
- Progress indication is no longer presented in a window that can't be minimized or managed like the rest of your windows. Instead, the menubar application icon changes to indicate that a task is running, and a simple progress indicator next to each task indicates how far along it is.
- Tasks can be chained together to form more complex backup routines
- New runtime conditions offer more control over when and how scheduled tasks run
- A Task History window will indicate details about when a task ran and whether it was successful. All history events are listed in one window, and can be sorted by task name, source/destination name, start time, and status.
- Configuring email account settings is now down in a centralized location. Test email notifications are now much more proactive about reporting configuration errors.
- Email notifications can be customized. A template is offered in CCC's preferences that can be customized to include runtime variables (e.g. task name, source/destination name, data copied, errors reported, etc.).
- The interface for specifying custom filters is greatly simplified. Filters are now explicitly retained per-task, and can easily be modified at a later time.
- Custom filters can be reordered.
- The "Disk Center" has been incorporated into the main window as well, offering details of locally mounted volumes such as disk usage, encryption status, presence of a recovery HD, and current read and write data rates.
- The Disk Center simplifies the presentation of read and write error statistics collected by OS X's IOKit Storage Driver.
- The Disk Center now lists tasks associated with each volume, along with relevant task state (e.g. last run date, last run status). Simply double-click a task to switch to the task view, or click the Clone button right in the Disk Center to run the associated task immediately.
- A command-line application is now included that allows you to start, stop, and watch the progress of your CCC backup tasks.
- A task migration assistant will help you migrate your CCC 3.5.x tasks to CCC 4.0
- Authentication is no longer required every time you want to run a task. CCC will require authentication once for an administrative user, and then that user will have one-click access to starting, stopping, and configuring tasks. Non-administrative users will be required to authenticate with administrator credentials to start, stop, or modify CCC backup tasks.
Requirements - Mac OS X 10.8 or later
Home Page - https://www.bombich.com/
All above links are interchangable. No password