Macaw v1.5.8 (Mac OSX) | 44 MB
Macaw provides the same flexibility as your favorite image editor but also writes semantic HTML and remarkably succinct CSS. It's time to expect more from a web design tool.
Macaw's design environment is powered by a real-time layout engine called Stream, which allows elements to be manipulated in a manner similar to image editors like Adobe's Photoshop. Behind the scenes, Stream calculates all of the properties necessary (floats, clears, margins, etc.) to place the elements into a static document flow just as a seasoned developer would.
Stop writing code. Start drawing it
* Macaw provides the same flexibility as your favorite image editor but also writes semantic HTML and remarkably succinct CSS. It's time to expect more from a web design tool.
Fluid canvas and grid
* Macaw is engineered for fluid widths. Resize the canvas and your grids and elements will update accordingly.
* Designing for different device sizes is tricky. Macaw lets you define arbitrary breakpoints and tweak properties for that specific width.
* Macaw gives you access to your system fonts, a full library of web fonts and even allows you to pull in Typekit fonts. It also provides useful calculations like characters per line.
* Building clickable prototypes in Macaw is as easy as clicking on a target, but it doesn't stop there. You can also add more dynamic interactions with the scripting palette. Macaw will even autogenerate templates and jQuery variables for you.